Apollo Bay Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Apollo Bay?
Apollo Bay Tourism
Apollo Bay is a charming coastal town located in the Great Ocean Road region of Victoria, Australia. The town is known for its stunning beaches, scenic coastal drives, and abundance of natural attractions. Here are some of the top tourist attractions you should visit in and around Apollo Bay.
1. The Great Ocean Road: The Great Ocean Road is a 243-kilometer stretch of road that runs along the southeast coast of Victoria. It is one of the most scenic drives in the world and offers breathtaking views of the coastline. You can drive the Great Ocean Road from Apollo Bay to the Twelve Apostles, stopping at numerous attractions along the way.
2. Beaches: Apollo Bay has some of the most beautiful beaches in Victoria. The main beach is a 3km stretch of golden sand that is perfect for swimming, surfing, and sunbathing. Other popular beaches in the area include Skenes Creek, Marengo Beach, and Shelly Beach.
3. Cape Otway Lightstation: The Cape Otway Lightstation is a historic lighthouse that dates back to 1848. It is located at the southernmost point of the Great Ocean Road and offers stunning views of the coastline. You can climb to the top of the lighthouse for panoramic views of the ocean and the surrounding rainforest.
4. Otway Fly Treetop Adventures: The Otway Fly Treetop Adventures is a unique attraction that allows visitors to walk along a series of suspension bridges suspended high above the rainforest floor. The highlight of the attraction is the Tree Top Walk, a 600-metre long walkway that is 25 metres above the ground.
5. Great Otway National Park: The Great Otway National Park is a vast wilderness area that is home to an abundance of native flora and fauna. Some of the most popular attractions in the park include the Triplet Falls, Blanket Bay, and the Otway Fly Treetop Adventures.
6. Twelve Apostles: The Twelve Apostles are a collection of limestone rock formations located off the shore of Port Campbell National Park. They are one of the most popular tourist attractions in Victoria and offer breathtaking views of the ocean.
7. Port Campbell National Park: The Port Campbell National Park is a rugged coastal wilderness area that is home to some of the most stunning natural attractions in Victoria. The park is best known for the Twelve Apostles, but also offers attractions such as London Bridge, Loch Ard Gorge, and The Grotto.
8. Waterfalls: The Apollo Bay region is home to several stunning waterfalls that are worth visiting. Some of the most popular waterfalls include Beauchamp Falls, Hopetoun Falls, and Triplet Falls.
9. The Great Ocean Walk: The Great Ocean Walk is a 104km walking trail that runs along the coast of Victoria from Apollo Bay to the Twelve Apostles. The trail offers stunning coastal views and passes through some of the most beautiful parts of the Great Ocean Road region.
10. Wineries: The Apollo Bay region is home to several wineries that offer tastings and tours. Some of the most popular wineries include Chris's Beacon Point Restaurant and Villas, GENTLE ANNIE BERRY GARDEN, and Gosling Creek Winery.
Apollo Bay is a fantastic destination for anyone looking to explore the natural beauty of Victoria. With its stunning beaches, scenic drives, and abundance of natural attractions, there is something for everyone. Contact the Apollo Bay Visitor Information Centre for more information on any of these attractions.
Apollo Bay Tourism Articles